We’re continuing our year of celebrations for turning 110 by teaming up with Tip Top to give you the chance to win a cool treat to last the whole year!
Our partners at Tip Top are also celebrating their birthday – having just turned 80, so they’ve joined us this summer to offer one lucky visitor a year’s worth of Tip Top joy.
Tip Top share our love for the environment, and have found alternatives to palm oil for their products to avoid deforestation. The lucky winner will be able to enjoy their ice-cream knowing that it has been created without harm to beautiful wild animals like Sumatran Tigers.
Wellington Zoo was NZ’s first zoo and we’ve been celebrating our 110th birthday since 20 April with a series of different events. Each day for the full birthday year, our 110th visitor is welcomed for a free visit. We’ve even run Zoo Sleepover competitions for schools and community groups.
Now, leading into summer, every person who visits the Zoo from Saturday 17 December 2016 until 31 January 2017 can go in the draw to win a year’s worth of Tip Top ice-cream.
To make it the best 110th birthday ever, there will also be extra activities run on a daily basis – making it a summer to remember at the Zoo.
Full competition terms and conditions
1. Entrants must have visited Wellington Zoo between 17 December 2016 and 31 January 2017 to be eligible for the prize draw.
2. Entrants may enter more than once, but may enter only once per visit to Wellington Zoo.
3. Completed entry forms must be placed inside the marked entry box in Kamala’s inside Wellington Zoo.
4. Entrants aged under 18 years of age must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Competition. These Terms are deemed to bind the Entrants and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent (for Entrants aged under 18 years).
5. Employees of Wellington Zoo and Tip Top and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the prize draw.
6. There is one prize of 52x 2L tubs of Tip Top ice-cream and is only redeemable in New Zealand.
7. This prize is not transferable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
8. Prize draw will be held on Wednesday 1 February 2017.
9. Winners will be contacted within 10 working days of the draw by mail or telephone at the address or telephone number held by Wellington Zoo. If after ten days the winner cannot be contacted the prize will be redrawn.
10. By accepting the prize the winner agrees to participate in any publicity arrangements that Wellington Zoo and Tip Top may reasonably require in relation to the prize draw.
11. Wellington Zoo collects personal information about an entrant solely to include an entrant in the prize draw and where appropriate award the prize. If the personal information requested is not provided, at Wellington Zoo’s sole discretion, the entrant may not participate in the prize draw.
12. Wellington Zoo’s decision in relation to the prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.