Conditions of entry
Enjoying your visit at the Zoo
- For their safety, please make sure all children are supervised. Any child under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- For your own safety and the safety of other visitors and our animals, please do not bring any of the following into the Zoo: rollerblades, rollerskates, skateboards, bikes, scooters, balloons, whistles, balls, Frisbees or other throwing games, alcohol or illegal substances.
- For your own safety and the safety of our animals, please do not feed any of our animals as they are on specific diets.
- For your own safety and the safety of our animals, please do not enter any animal habitat or ‘staff only’ areas without being accompanied by one of the Zoo team.
- For your own safety and the safety of others, you are required to follow any other conditions or instructions displayed in the Zoo or communicated by Zoo personnel.
- Wellington Zoo is a smoke-free environment, and smoking is not permitted in the Zoo grounds.
- Fully trained and vaccinated guide dogs are welcome to accompany their owners if arranged in advance and on the condition that the guide dogs remain in a full harness at all times. Please call the Zoo bookings office on 04 389 3692 prior to your visit. You will be asked to provide evidence of the guide dog’s full vaccinations.
- Visitors must obtain the written consent of Wellington Zoo before conducting any commercial or charity activity. Professional (including commercial) photography and filming, including all media and commercial organisations, is only permitted by prior arrangement with our Marketing and Communications team.
- The Zoo retains the right to deny access and/or remove visitors who fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions. This decision is at the discretion of Wellington Zoo.
- If you have already purchased your ticket and do not agree with these conditions, please ask for an immediate refund and leave the Zoo entrance before entering the Zoo.
- Wellington Zoo will make every effort to reduce the risk for all visitors, and give information on safe practices. No liability for loss, injury or damage will be accepted.
- Wellington Zoo will be requiring visitors to scan in/provide their details when visiting the Zoo during the Orange traffic light system, as well as provide a vaccine pass.
The information provided when you scan in is being collected to assist in the management of the COVID-19 pandemic. It will be given to public health officials in the event that it is required for contact tracing. We will not use it for any other purpose and will destroy it after 60 days. It will be kept securely at Wellington Zoo.
Wellington Zoo Trust is a registered Charitable Trust.
GST Number 85-376-365 Registered Charitable Trust CC22002